Onsite interpretation, or face-to-face interpretation, is a service in which a translation professional attends a meeting, appointment, or event with you, to empower you to communicate with people who speak another language.
It is not a type of interpretation style, but a description of how the service is provided in person, rather than through a technological solution, such as video conference interpreting, or teleconference interpreting.
The advantages of booking an onsite interpreter are significant, and can mean the difference between a successful and unsuccessful meeting. Having a language professional by your side allows them to read the room and adapt their interpreting style to more subtly to suit the situation. It forgoes any technological issues that may be experienced with a teleconference, and ultimately, delivers a human service, which we all find easier to relate to.
If you’re attending an important meeting, where there’s a chance that the pressure may build, it always helps to know that you’ll be able to confer with your interpreter, without breaking the flow of the meeting, or upsetting your client.
It also costs a lot less than you’d think
Linguist Point is a language translation service, offering Onsite Interpretation services to professional and private clients in London and the United Kingdom.
We offer a range of different interpreting styles to guarantee Onsite Interpretation success every time:
● Onsite Consecutive Interpretation, to help clients close complex deals, and express highly technical points at important meetings, whether concerning business, the legal or more. This form of interpretation requires some preparation with the interpreter ahead of the meeting.
● Onsite Simultaneous Interpretation, also known as Concurrent Interpretation, is perfect for large meetings and conferences, where prepared scripts or themes are translated in real time for multilingual audiences. This form of interpretation requires some preparation with the interpreter ahead of the event.
● Onsite Liaison Interpretation, also known as Bilateral Interpretation, is great for business meetings and for bringing clarity to informal discussions, where lots of different people need to get points across, but the subject matter discussed is not highly technical. Unlike Consecutive Interpretation, Liaison Interpretations do not require significant preparation.
● Onsite Medical Interpretation, to assist patients with hospital and GP appointments, nursing home visits or health consultations.
● Onsite Legal Interpretation, for court appearances, prison visits, tribunals and to support discussions with legal advisers.
● Onsite British Sign Language Interpretations, or Onsite Deaf Interpretations, provide the reasonable adjustments that empowers those who are deaf, hard-of-hearing and deaf-blind, to fully engage with meetings, appointments and more.
At Linguist Point, we pride ourselves in working with some of London’s best Onsite Interpreters.
Our team of specialists deliver accurate, professional, Onsite Interpretations, at industry leading prices. We’re so prepared, we can even help you with equipment too.
Every one of our interpreters is an industry and language expert, so they know exactly how to help you communicate perfectly with every interpretation.
As one of the leading London-based translation agencies, we’re known for being safe, certified and we’re always doing our best to satisfy.
That’s exactly why customers keep coming back, because at Linguist Point, you can be confident that we’ll deliver professional onsite interpretations, every time.
Helping you communicate exactly what makes your business special, worldwide.
Book your Onsite Interpreter today.